Pages

Can a Fat Girl on the inside become a Skinny Girl on the outside?

No one said this was going to be easy...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Woman vs. Squash

This week I'm doing the low carb thing, and I'm trying to find ways that I can enjoy it. For breakfast I had an egg, kielbasa, onion, and garlic scramble: it was delicious. Tonight I am going to make a healthier version of spaghetti using a spaghetti squash. For those of you unfamiliar with this type of squash it is a winter squash, like butternut or acorn squash, but actually has less carbs, and it can be shredded to resemble spaghetti noodles. I am also going to use my own homemade sauce, which is delicious and also has no added sugar.

So it begins with the squash:

I decided to cut open the squash, clean out the seeds and add some salt and pepper to it so it could get some flavor while cooking. You can cook it whole, but I chose not to.

I then put it on a baking tray and slipped it in the oven at 375*, face down (I forgot this part and had to run back and flip them over), for about 30 minutes.

When they are tender enough to stick a fork in them, they are ready to go! Take them out and shred them with fork so that they become noodle-like.  This is one half of the squash.

Pour some homemade sauce on and enjoy! I made myself a HUGE portion, but only ate about half of it. There are only 280 calories on that whole plate, and it was so filling!

All in all I would say that today was a success!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...