Pages

Can a Fat Girl on the inside become a Skinny Girl on the outside?

No one said this was going to be easy...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shopping Extravaganza

I have learned a great bit about myself in the last couple of days. Number 1: I should be avoided on the first two days of a diet at all costs. Number 2: I love carbs and Atkins is the devil sent to punish me. Number 3: Eating almost an entire pound of bacon (a lb before it was cooked, don't know what it weighed after) isn't a great way to start the day. Number 4: It takes me two days to get to that state where you don't feel like you're starving. Number 5: I have some definite patterns in my shopping that have been blown out of the water by this diet.

I haven't bought anything that's full fat for years without feeling like it was a treat. I was standing in the salad dressing aisle staring at the different types of and thinking how good ranch would taste. The problem is I never get ranch because it's full fat and the low fat options don't taste good. Suddenly I can buy things that are high fat, in fact, it's encouraged! This seems anti-intuitive to me, but I suppose if you can't have any carbs you have to eat something. I always thought that it made the most since to eat less fat. Fat is 9 calories per gram, while protein and carbohydrates are 4 calories a gram. However I guess it's easier to cut out fats. I immediately go for the low fat options and I had to conciously decide to buy the regular format. I didn't realize how ingrained that way of thinking was to me, but it showed me if I have trained myself to do that, I can retrain myself any way I want.

So I was able to go on a bit of a spree yesterday and bought ranch. I also got a type of low carb ice cream that's only 4 net carbs per serving. It was actually pretty good, but it did have a slight yogurt like after taste. Today I'm going to eat a lot of salad, because I feel that the last couple of days I've only had meat, cheese and eggs. I need to make sure that I'm getting vegetables in there, even if they are slathered in ranch! Yesterday I thought this might have killed me, but this isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm over that hump, but I better see results on the scale come Friday or I'm going to have a serious hissy fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...