Pages

Can a Fat Girl on the inside become a Skinny Girl on the outside?

No one said this was going to be easy...

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Carb Queen Abdicates the Throne

This weekend sucked for my diet. I went out to eat for three meals and at the moment I feel so bloated I have Angelina lips. I had steakhouse, mexican, hot dog...oy. Like I previously mentioned, I have decided for my first week of strict dieting I am going low carb. This scares me because I am addicted to carbs. I love them more than any other food group. Also, my blood sugars may plummet to new scary levels, resulting in my being a little less coherent than normal.

By going low carb I am going to stress lean protein and vegetables. I take a vow right now to not have bread, pasta, potatoes, corn, anything like that for Monday through Friday. Saturday will continue to be my cheat day, although I am going to stick with just Saturday! Sunday I will restrict my calories as I decide what I'm going to venture into for the next week. I am already thawing out some of the meat in my freezer and checking my canned and frozen vegetables. I also have a spaghetti squash sitting on my counter waiting for me to attack it with a meat cleaver.

I have never done a low carbohydrate diet before, but I feel that it is important for me. My family has a history of diabetes, and I myself am at risk if I don't get my weight and eating habits under control. I don't want to take insulin injections like my parents do, or worry about blood sugar with everything I eat. I want to find that good balance, and be able to be a healthy example for my future children. Any suggestions on low carb meals would be appreciated. I know I'm going to hate this, but I just need to remember why I'm doing this. It's not to look great in a bikini...although that is an added bonus. It's about feeling healthy and active again.

As for exercise this week and in the weeks to come, I will be training to do a 5k. I am going to follow the training plan of Couch to 5K, which means this week I will be on the treadmill half an hour every day. I will explain that in greater detail later, but basically I hate running and this will be a lot of it. I get the feeling this week is going to suck, but hopefully Friday on the scale will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...