- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 heads broccoli
- 4 large carrots
- Pureed Basil
- 2oz Reduced Fat Feta
- 6 sheets of Phyllo Dough
- Cut the cauliflower, broccoli and carrots into small peices. Spread out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in an oven at 350 degrees for 30mins or until slightly caramelized.
- Cut the phyllo dough into two inch squares, wet down and put three sheets in each cup of a mini cupcake tray.
- Add a small amount of basil to each cup, the amount will depend on how strong you want the basil taste to be.
- Cut 2oz of the feta into 24 pieces. Place one piece into each cup on top of the basil.
- When the roast vegetables come out of the oven, fill the remaining portion of each cup. Slide the cups back into the oven.
- The cups are done when the phyllo dough is brown and it has warmed the cheese, about 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then serve.
Each of these cups has only 23 calories in it! So you can enjoy quite a few of them. If you find the phyllo dough to be too dry you may want to brush it with olive oil. However this will significantly increase the calorie count. Another idea is to skip the cup idea and just eat the roasted vegetables. They are fabulous on their own. For other holiday skinnytizer ideas go visit Melissa of They Call Me Hypo. She made some Smoked Cream Cheese and Holiday Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce.