- 1 shot of tequila
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup diet sprite
- A squeeze of lime juice
- A dash of orange extract
- Ice to taste
- Blend that shit!
It is delicious and counts the same as a shot of tequila! I use the frozen strawberries more instead of ice, gives it a really good flavor. You can see it does come out a little foamy from the sprite, but it is delicious!
Also I wanted to point out how funny it is that I posted the drink first. Obviously I have my priorities straight. Here is a mouthwatering picture of the main course!
(Chicken, onions, pico de gallo, and cottage cheese enchiladas with an amazing cilantro pesto!)
Tequila, Garlic, Lime Marinade
- 1 cup garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast cut as desired
- Throw everything in a bag and marinate overnight.
- Grill on the bbq, grill pan (if you like char) or bake in the oven until done.
- Slice onion (sweet onions come out the best) and pop out the rings
- Put on a baking dish and drizzle with left over marinade
- Put under the broiler until soft and done
The Pico de Gallo
- Chop some tomatoes (take the seeds out)
- Do the same with red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro
- Mix in a bowl and enjoy!
If you want the recipe for the delicious enchiladas, go check out They Call Me Hypo! She always has amazing recipes that are low in calories and high in flavor. She'll be posting this recipe soon. Also, I'm already looking forward to next month when we concur Asian cuisine!