Pages

Can a Fat Girl on the inside become a Skinny Girl on the outside?

No one said this was going to be easy...

Friday, May 13, 2011

Fat Girl...How I got here.

215 lbs...215...I stood on that scale in shock.  I had never been that heavy in my entire life.  Just 7 months ago I had been in the low 180's and now I was over thirty pounds heavier.  I can't believe I packed on that much weight in such a short period of time.  And now I need to work on getting it off.  Why is it so easy to pack on the pounds, but so hard to get them off?

I recently got out of a miserable job that greatly contributed to my weight gain.  I was working in the sales department at a for profit university and the stress was incredible.  I was almost completely stationary, being a phone monkey, and I was miserable so all I wanted to do was sleep and eat carbs.  Not a great combination for the waistline.  Now I have a new job starting in three weeks and I need to fit into my work pants again.

So in order to be at a healthy weight for my height, 5'8", I need to loose 50lbs.  It's a bit of a daunting prospect. I have decided that I will try different diets, to keep things interesting, and my goal is to loose those 50lbs in 25 weeks.  Every Friday I will weigh in, take my measurements, and assess how my week went.  Hopefully I will see myself shrink instead of staying in the murk of obesity and depression.

I plan on sampling diets from the extreme, like the Scarsdale diet, to the more mainstream, Volumetrics.  Hopefully my experiences will help other people figure out what is going to work for them, and giving you a warning of what not to try.  Also I will be trying to come to terms with the fact that my body will never be as perfect as I want it to be.  I will strive to accept it as it is, and work to make it healthier, but embrace it as the wonderful thing that keeps me going through everyday.

Note:  This post was originally posted on May 11, 2010, but was erased by Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...