Pages

Can a Fat Girl on the inside become a Skinny Girl on the outside?

No one said this was going to be easy...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Quandry

I’m having a little trouble.  Not with dieting, that’s going great.  Not with exercise, thanks to a friend that’s happening.  I’m having trouble with how to reward myself when I’ve accomplished something.  This last week I did a great job of dieting and working out and I lost 3lbs, so 1 ahead of schedule!  My first thought was that I should reward myself, and immediately I thought of what type of food I wanted.  And here in lies the problem. 

I don’t want to continue to reward myself with food.  That isn’t going to be productive in the long run.  I need some new ideas on how to reward myself.  I haven’t been shopping for new clothes lately, cause lets face it, no one wants to buy clothes that are that big.  I don’t really get a rush for putting money in a jar or something when I loose.  There’s only so much stuff you can own.  I need some suggestions.

It’s hard when you realize that your life has turned into a habit that you need to break.  I need to stop making food a focus in my life and instead just something that needs to happen everyday.  Not something to make myself feel better, make myself feel whole, or something that is cheering me on.  There will definitely still be times when I celebrate with food, like on my birthday I can eat ANYTHING I want, and that will never change.  Those occasions just need to be fewer and farther between.

So really, what do I do for the right now?

1 comment:

  1. I vote for pampering. Reward yourself with things that make your body feel good like a massage, a pedi or a facial, or a haircut. There are so many treats you can give yourself that it should help with the motivation.
    Plus this is a great way to say sorry to your body after you kicked it's ass. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...