Pages

Can a Fat Girl on the inside become a Skinny Girl on the outside?

No one said this was going to be easy...

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Eat Right for Your Type

Over the last week, when I wasn't getting pecked to death by students, I was reading a book called "Eat Right 4 Your Type.  Basically it talks about how the dietary needs for people with different blood types work and why.  I actually looked into this because I'm trying to find something that A) helps me lose this weight and B) helps me feel better.  

Also, every month I'm trying to add a vitamin to my regimen.  The more I look into these things the more I feel I need to be listening to my bodies individual needs.  The dramatic difference I have seen in my own outlook and attitude since I started taking vitamins is unbelievable.  I haven't felt this good in years, and hopefully soon, my body will start to reflect how healthy my mind is.  These are the vitamins I take every night:


The two small clear gels are my Vitamin D.  My savior from psuedohypothyroidism.  Continuing clockwise you'll see my Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin B (Which has helped my depression and anxiety significantly), my multi-vitamin, and the giant one in the middle is CoQ10.  I want to add Vitamin C to the party, but I take one step at a time.  I am loving the fact that taking these, and getting my chemical balance back in order, means that I am 100% off ALL anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, and sleeping aids.  I'm not against medication, and I will take it again if I need it, but it's nice to have that choice.

The biggest and smallest pills next to a quarter = perspective.
My hope with this new diet is that it will help reset my metabolism.  Since my blood type is A- I will follow the type A eating regime.  I won't go into too much detail (because I don't want to get sued), but basically I will eat as a pescatarian.  No red meats, very little poultry, and no gluten.  The no gluten part isn't exactly what the diet says, but it does say if you have issues with mucus to avoid it.  I have terrible sinuses and if this could help me wake up headache free it will be worth giving up things I love.  The meat however, apparently it just makes my ass fat.  It will take a lot of willpower for that one...

I'm just working to have a body that can keep up with my energized brain.  I love all this energy I have and I want to figure out a way to get my body caught up.  I'm going to fight off disease and live a better lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...