So I'm trying to figure out some simple easy to make recipes for breakfast. I'm terrible when it comes to breakfast, so it's best if I have something that I can grab as I run out the door 5 minutes late to work. So I thought I would try a trick that I saw online. The recipe is super easy and they still taste really good when you heat them up. There are the best for a quick breakfast on the run (when you have access to a microwave.
12 strips of bacon (regular, Canadian, or turkey)
12 whole wheat/high fiber English muffins
12 slices of cheese (I prefer Cheddar for a nice strong taste)
1. Crack one egg into each cup of a cupcake tin. In hindsight I would have scrambled the eggs before filling the tins, but c'est la vie.
2. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 or until done. While they cook prepare your other ingredients.
3. Fry up some BACON!
4. Toast the English muffins (hopefully you have a 4+ slice toaster cause this part can take a while.
5. Build each sandwich with one egg, one slice of bacon and one slice of cheese.
6. Stick it in the freezer until you're ready to eat it.
7. To reheat, heat the egg separately, about 1 minute in the microwave, and squeeze excess moisture out of it. (This is the only unappetizing part, and I'm trying to figure out a way around this.). Then heat the rest of the sandwich for 1 minute, stack it back together, and enjoy!
I still have some tweeking to do, but overall I have really enjoyed this recipe! It has been quick and it lets me to get a high fiber, high protein breakfast. The way I made it with pork bacon and cheddar there are 296 calories. You can easily reduce that by using low fat cheese and turkey bacon (or Canadian Bacon). I'm trying the all natural route so I used the closest thing.
I hope these make your mornings easier too!