So I've been at this for a few weeks and I'm not succeeding. I am really frustrated, but when I look at what I'm doing on a daily basis, I shouldn't be loosing weight. I'm not making the choices I need to take. I need to make a decision. I am deciding this is something that I want. This is not a game, this is something that I have to commit myself to.
So I'm coming up with some rules for myself. It is September 1st and while it will be too late for me to use these rules today, I will follow them for the rest of the month and see how I do.
1. No more cheat days. I've always told myself that I get one day a week to eat what I want, I have been taking that too far lately. Also it opens the door for further justification. So this month there will be no cheat days.
2. No take out/fast food/pre-made food. I will prepare all of my food so that I know what's in it, how many calories are in it, and how much I am eating (the only note to this is that I may take a business trip to Canada, in which case I will eat the freshest thing I can find)
3. No red meat or pork. This one will be HARD, but in the end I think that it will improve my system.
4. No junk food, candy, baked goods, anything that should be considered a 'treat'. The goal is to eat fresh, and detox my body.
5. Limited amounts of carbs. I'm not going to give them up, however they will have to fit into my daily limits and be either whole grain or high in fiber, and only one in a meal. So no corn with potatoes and pasta. I must pick one.
6. I will record everything that I eat. I have a subscription to weight watchers and dammit I'm going to use it. Nothing will go past my lips without being recorded.
7, I will exercise everyday. Even if its only some sets of abs, I will not go a day without doing something.
And...that's all I've got. I think that will be enough for now. Next post I'll let you know how I'm a huge boozer...only not ;). Also I promise there will be some excellent recipes coming out, with delicious looking pictures!