Needless to say I haven't really been successful dieting this time around. I have spent the last couple days trying to figure out why that is. It really comes down to the fact that I'm not eating like I should and I'm not getting the exercise I used to. The last time I was really successful at weight loss was when I was living in Boston. I didn't have a car, I was out of the house 15 hours a day between grad school, internship, job, social life, etc. Nowadays I drive to work, sit at a desk all day, and then go home and just hang out around the house. So December is get this fat ass moving month. Here are my goals:
1. Successfully eat within 1200 calories a day.
2. Get 30 minutes of exercise a day (at least) and try new exercises.
3. Weigh in everyday and record my ups and downs
4. Keep a journal, track foods and exercise as well as how I feel everyday with what I've eaten or not during the day.
5. Stop eating out. Make all my own food. This will help with calorie control as well as my wallet (which Black Friday wasn't kind to).
6. Drink 64oz of water everyday. Gotta pee that weight off.
I know that I'm most successful when I'm busy and active. I am starting with little things. Walking to the Safeway that's a few blocks away. Working myself up to biking the 5 (relatively) flat miles to work. Moving, moving, moving everyday is my new mantra. I want to loose 16lbs by my birthday, which is 8 weeks away. I want to fit into my just slightly too small jeans when I go out and celebrate the beginning of the end of my 20's. These are the best years of my life and I have wasted enough time not being the person I know I am on the inside.
Wish me luck. This first week will be a tough one, but I'm no longer going to fill myself with food to trick myself into thinking my life is full.